Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Instruction and Information Literacy
We offer in-person and online library instruction seven days per week during the day and evening for all courses.
Request Library Instruction
To request a library instruction session for your class, please fill out the online request form or send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please submit request at least three weeks in advance to avoid scheduling conflicts and to allow our librarians time to prepare for the session.
- You will receive a confirmation within 5 days of receipt.
- Library instruction sessions typically coincide with the length of a class session. Exceptions are classes that exceed two hours. Actual duration will depend on faculty request.
- The instructor is expected to be present during the library session.
- Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
The mission of the Library Instruction and Information Literacy Program is to ensure, in partnership with classroom faculty, that Kingsborough Community College students graduate as information literate members of our information age society. The program seeks to achieve this through provision of course-related and course-integrated instructional activities, tours and orientations. The library also aims to transform everyday reference encounters with students into active information literacy training opportunities.